Quiet Practices &
Next Course dates
November 10-20, 2022
EMAIL [email protected]
This training is 9 days
There is no training on Nov 14 & 15th, 2022
Facilitated by: Michael James Wong
Course Fee: £1,350.00 (GBP)
This is Kaivalya, a 100 hour training module to deepen your connection to the quieter side of yoga. For many of you, this will be a core module of your 300 hour training and development.
This training is dedicated to supporting your learning and understanding of yoga’s inward and contemplative practices. In this module we will move away from the distractions of the physical body and turn towards to connect with the inner wisdoms within.
We will look at five key themes; sankhya philosophy, subtle body energetics, pranayama techniques, meditation practices and restorative yoga. The offer throughout this training is to make space for yourself to slow down and be here completely, consider these learnings as timeless gifts that can support both our lives and teachings. Kaivalya is the advancement towards freedom; learning it, sharing it and embodying it.
Quiet Practices & Embodied Mastery
- Meditation techniques for yoga teachers including being techniques, present moment awareness techniques and focused intention techniques
- Pranayama techniques, including sequences for longer practices, as well as common and uncommon techniques
- Subtle body energetics including 5 bodies practices and sequences for vauyus practices
- Restorative yoga practices for stress and anxiety, sequences for deep rest and an introduction to yoga therapy
Yoga Philosophy & Sacred Sadhana
- Yoga philosophy immersion into the traditions, systems and lineage of yoga including a deep dive Bhagavad Gita & yoga sutras, as well as study of the chronological history of yoga
- Sanskrit study and understanding of basic translations including pronunciation, conjugation and cultural understanding and ethics
- Myths and mythologies of Hindu deities, a study of the common and not so common deities
- Mantras, Kirtan and Bhakti yoga
- Daily kaivalya practice
Michael James Wong - London, UK
This course is led by international facilitator Michael James Wong, who has facilitated over 3,000 hours of Yoga Teacher Training Courses in the past 12 years of teaching. Michael is a Yoga Alliance CPD and YACEP Senior Teacher who is dedicated to supporting teachers develop the tools and techniques necessary for teaching in the real world.
Michael is the Founder and the creator of the Krama Yoga course curriculum that brings together a wealth of knowledge, technique and study that respects the traditions of the practice and modern learnings and understanding for teaching in the 21st century.
Dimuthu Fonseka - London, UK
Shama Meghe - Mumbai, India
Culture & Ethics
Dr. John Casey - San Diego, USA
Radhika Das - London, UK
Kirtan and Community
*Please note, not all facilitators listed will teach on every course. For more information pIease email [email protected]